Thursday, August 18, 2011

First Antibiotic Disasters

Riley was put on his first antibiotic a few weeks ago for a never-ending cough that entered his lungs.  The strong meds upset his little tummy, and resulted in a few humiliating experiences that I just have to share!

#1). The daycare was closing a few minutes early one day, and I decided to bring Riley upstairs to visit my coworkers.  I was taking him out of the stroller, and noticed that his entire back was a poopy MESS! My coworkers were asking to hold him, and I advised him that it probably was NOT the best idea. Of course, I didn't have my usual diaper bag with extra clothes, new wipes, diapers...etc. Instead, I had some dried up wipes, a few tissues, and a newborn diaper.  I sprawled the dirty kid out on my desk in my cube and tried to remove the disgusting clothes over his head, and wiped him with some tissues... strapped on the WAY-TOO-SMALL diaper, and put a half naked baby back in the stroller to head home (not before he spit up all over a coworker of mine).  Everyone was staring at me as I walked through the JCP corporate building, like "don't you dress your kid?!". 

#2). We were racing out the door to head to the airport last week en route to the Outer Banks (pics to come from the beach).  My dad was driving us to the airport, so I sat in the back seat with Riley.  I noticed his face grimacing like he was going potty, and the next thing I knew there was a major poop coming down his leg in the carseat.  Then, he decides to start kicking his legs as hard as he can.  I yelled that we had to pull over immediately! We pulled over on the side of the highway, Matt wiped the carseat with baby wipes, I undressed Riley on the grass while cars go whizzing by at 80mph, we got him cleaned up, put a new outfit on, and we were back in business.  I've turned into a pro at these last minute disastrous changes!! Let's just say that I am glad the antibiotics are now out of Riley's system!!

No comments:

Post a Comment