I dropped him off in the morning, all is well, he is happy and playing with his new friends.
45 minutes later my work phone rings and his teacher says, "I just wanted to let you know that Riley was bit.... on the face". I said "wow, already?!" (they did warn me that at some point he WILL get bitten in the toddler room, it's the nature of the beast(s)) I asked if he did anything to provoke the biting, but she assured me that he was just standing at the sensory table with another child when he decided to lean over and bite his face... absolutely bizarre behavior if you ask me!! Anyway, the rest of the day went really well despite the biting incident. They went on a bug hunt with magnifying glasses because they're learning about bugs this week, and he did a great job eating his lunch in a chair without straps and sleeping on a cot! He's still not a big fan of circle time, but we'll work on that one.
Here is the war wound from day #1... hoping we can get through day #2 without any injuries. :)

aww poor guy!!!
ReplyDeleteHopefully Riley got that kid back! I can't believe it was expected that he would get bitten! I'm so sorry he was so sick, I can't imagine watching my baby go through that :( Yall take care of yourselves!
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry Riley. That lil stinker better leave you alone. Sawyer says hi!!!
ReplyDelete