Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Texas Tornados

April 3rd started out like any old day.  Riley arrived at school, and had a little breakfast snack with his friends.

"Riley, sit down at the table"

such a good little listener

I went to the gym at lunch, and then came back to my desk to text messages from friends and family in other states asking if we were okay. I had no idea that there were tornadoes in the area! Then, my phone rang and my mom told me that the sirens were going off at their house only a few miles away from my work. "Mama Bear" mode kicked in, and I raced downstairs to the daycare to get Riley. The whole daycare was dark and quiet... oh yea, it's nap time!! I grabbed sleeping Riley off of his cot, and as soon as I did the sirens started sounding in the building and we were told to take cover.  We spent the next hour and a half in an interior women's restroom with a few of my coworkers (MUCH more pleasant than the crowded stairwell), and Riley paraded around with their purses.  Matt's work was also very close to where tornadoes touched down, yet he watched the action from the windows at his work... men!  We all made it home safe and sound that evening, and were shocked to see the devastation on the news.  We were certainly very lucky, and I'm so glad to have my little man so close during the day!

After the first 20 minutes I stopped trying to keep him off the bathroom floor!

Playing with the ladies' purses

Plenty of peek-a-boo under the table!

No comments:

Post a Comment