Tuesday, February 28, 2012

12 month checkup

 Riley had a great 12 month checkup yesterday with Dr. Thai.  He asked Riley to walk to me, which he did... and I was so proud because he has been very capable of walking for the last month, but he gets bashful when put on the spot.  He likes to wave "hi" and "bye" these days, and loves to clap his hands & dance to music.  Riley can say Mama, Dada, cup, duck, uh oh (his FAVORITE!), and tries to repeat other words when we say them (hence, Matt's resolution for Lent is cut out all swear words from his vocabulary!).  He's become a much better eater when it comes to table food, and loves to feed himself.  It took Riley 11 months to sleep through the night, but now he is a great sleeper and sleeps from 7:30-6:30 everyday.  Riley doesn't have any bottles during the day now, but I still give him one at night before bed and one in the morning. I love our quiet time in the rocking chair, and I'll be sad when he outgrows it.  He was such a trooper with his three mega shots yesterday at the doctors office, and hardly cried.  As a matter of fact, when we got home he moved the baby gate himself and flew up the stairs before I realized what he was doing and fell all the way down them... I think he cried harder from that then the shots, mainly because it scared him.  Luckily, as I was trying to explain every bump and bruise on Riley's body at the appointment, Dr. Thai said that he likes seeing all of his bruises because that means that he is an active little boy.  He sure is one happy, healthy, and BUSY little boy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment